Monday 4 June 2012

Summer crept up on me!

A sudden heat spell seems to have come over all of Europe. Unfortunately I don't have enough summer clothes. Since I really want to sew something anyway I'll be making new ones for myself :)

What I need

  • something cool to sleep in (I might have slept in my undies and filled a hot water bottle with ice-water last night ...)
  • tops - preferably out of bright and cheerful Egyptian cotton - Those that I do have don't seem to tight in the bust and to loose in the waist. That's a good thing, but slightly annoying since i thought I'd just get out my summer tops from last year. I also don't want to use knits since I find that they cling and as soon as they're thin enough for such temperatures they're really see-through. And don't even get me started on people with knit tops and sweat-stains EVERYWHERE.
  • shorts - Once again I can't wear those from last year since they're to tight in the rear and to loose over my abs. I also feel like I might fall out of them since they're not long enough to give enough coverage in the back
  • skirts - something loose and knee length since I already figured out that mini skirts just aren't cutting it for my body type. Circle skirt anyone?
  • shoes - I'm not going to make these myself :P But dancer's feet are really ugly so I can't confront my fellow earthlings with sandals ...
  • a tunic to cover up in the sun - since it's quite humid this probably isn't going to help me stay cool but I burn really easily
  • DRESSES I always need more dresses 
The problem(s):
  • I could really kick myself for this but I still haven't perfected my new foundation pattern. I know, I know! It took ages to find someone willing (and able!) to take my measurements. In the end I just showed a  measuring tape into my little sisters hand. So I'm still making alterations.
  • My pay check arrives in three days and I'm pretty close to my have-some-money-in-case-something-unexpected-happens-limit. So no fabric shopping until then :(
  • I still haven't completely found my way through all the colour advice
But I finally have time for some serious sewing.

0 comments: